Freon™ 410A is a non-ozone depleting high efficiency hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerant. Freon™ 410A has higher cooling capacity and operating pressures than R-22 for new equipment specifically designed for R-410A.
Applications – New applications only
• Residential and commercial air conditioning (AC)
• Heat pumps
• Non-ozone depleting HFC
• Nonflammable. ASHRAE safety classification: A1
• Leading HFC refrigerant replacing R-22 in residential and commercial AC, as well as heat pump, applications
• Higher cooling capacity compared to R-22
• Polyol ester (POE)
• Freon™ 410A cannot be used for retrofit.
– Freon™ 410A has higher operating pressures compared to R-22.
– Freon™ 410A is for new equipment that is specifically designed for R-410A
• Freon™ 410A will require use of manifold gauge sets, recovery machines, and recovery tanks specifically designed for higher pressures encountered with R-410A.
Because of higher pressure, most system components have been redesigned with increased wall thickness. When servicing this equipment, make sure you use reversing valves, expansion valves, filter-driers, and other components specifically designed for R-410A.In addition to increased wall thickness, the expansion valve flow area required to provide the same tonnage as R-22 will be about 15% smaller.R-410A is a blend of two refrigerants. To achieve optimum performance, remove as a liquid from the cylinder.Consult your Chemours distributor or the OEM for special equipment recommendations